Friday, March 9, 2012

It's a rainy day and I was just sitting here thinking.......


Remembering days (and years) past. There are times I feel like I have climbed to the top of the stairs and then I stumble and go plunging down, around and around into that big black hole

and tears come and I feel such a hole in my heart.

I miss his smile!!
He was always smiling, so happy, so much fun. Gee, I miss that.

I miss his hugs....

He loved people. And, he could be such a kid.

How did this happen? We were supposed to grow old together ... But years of Alzheimers stole him from me. He'd always been there for me and I cared for him for those long trying years. I found out one thing about myself...

I will pick myself up, climb those stairs again and start all over, taking one day at a time. It's been 14 months since he left ....

7 comments:

Susannah said...

I'm so sorry, Latane. I know it is just awful..to say the least.

Carolyn said...

You are a brave and truthful lady. Mourning does seem to get worse and then gets easier. Time is a healer, but we have to go through the time! Stay strong. Love and prayers are always with you.

rkbsnana said...

Reading this while I sit with Hubby napping in his recliner makes me realize how much I would miss just the presence. I pray for you.

Peggy said...

Hi Latane,sorry you are feeling so down, it seems to get easier and then comes back to hit you with a whammy again, be good to yourself.

Dolores said...

Latane, You have so many funny and sweet pictures of Elbert. What a blessing to have those pictures and sweet memories...
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs,

Carol Noren Johnson said...

As you know I have been a widow for eight years before I remarried.

Praying for new memories for you. New interests. New challenges. New learning.

How wonderful that you had so many good years with your husband. He would want you to find simple pleasures now and joy in each day. Joy comes in the morning, and mourning will be replaced with new joy.

Thanks for your honest journey and encouragement on my blog.

Hugs and prayers,
Carol

A Colorful World said...

Such a sad post, Mom. I am so sorry you had a rough day Saturday too. Daddy was a neat person--like you said, so happy! We all miss him a lot. This has been a hard 14 months for you, I know.