Monday, September 26, 2011

Hardee's On Mondays

This was Hardee's on Monday morning (in the old days when Elbert was with us) ... Shirley and I still go up every Monday morning, keeping up the tradition that Elbert so enjoyed. Most of the time the two of us just talk. We talk about family, the state of the world, what we want to do with the rest of our lives and sometimes we talk about Elbert. The tears come then and we feel his presence, his love surrounding us. It's a cleansing thing, a time of remembrance, a time to reflect.

So, Monday mornings are Hardee's days. Shirley and I love that sweet tea. It's a southern thing you know. We wave to friends having coffee and sometimes we stop to chat. They used to ask about Elbert (after he couldn't go) and now they ask how I am doing. I say I am doing alright. Time is healing the sorrow and it's wonderful to know that people still remember him and that he was well liked in a community that had not known him before Alzheimers. His personality was so infectious. I sure do miss that sweet smile.

3 comments:

Carol Noren Johnson said...

Wonderful memory. Good people there to check on you.

Thanks for posting on my blog earlier today.

Hugs,
Carol

Dolores said...

Ahhhh.... what a sweet picture of the 3 of you
!
Pictures and memories are sch a blessing!

I'm so glad you and Shirley are keeping the tradition.......
Love,

A Colorful World said...

Miss him s much, too, Mom! He was one in a zillion! Glad you and Shirl still get up there on Mondays.