Monday, November 8, 2010

FALL CELEBRATION

On Saturday morning daughter Shirley, son in law John, granddaughter Brittany and her Jon and me, of course, headed down to Consulate nursing home for a Fall Celebration.

 It was held outside in the parking lot and the weather was cloudy and a bit nippy, typical Fall weather.  

John, Shirley, Jon, Brittany with Elbert. He would not turn loose of my coat. As I said it was a bit nippy and that coat was keeping his hands warm.

Men from Consulate cooking up free hamburgers and hot dogs.
Here, Honey, take another bite!! He's still holding onto my coat.

Shirley trying to entice him with cotton candy but he'd rather have the sucker.

Give me a little love, Dad.... it's time for us to go.


4 comments:

Dolores said...

Oh Latane.... these are the sweetest pictures!

The profile picture of Elbert and Shirley..... wow... I can see the resemblance. I always think it's so neat to see the family resemblances.........

I'd take cotton candy any day over a sucker.... but I really have a sweet tooth..... pure sugar... is the cotton candy.

Love and prayers to you!

Peggy said...

Hi Latane, it is great to see Elbert enjoying a day out. It looks to be a real family occasion too.It is quite cold here at the moment and I smiled to see Elbert hanging on to your jacket to keep his hands warm!

Carol Noren Johnson said...

Yes, precious moments! Love your attitude at this stage of the journey. You are an inspiration to me.

Love the coat. Was it hard for him to give up? Would have expected one of your quilts, Latane.

I am making a quilted Christmas tree skirt for a gift for my sister-in-law, by the way.

Jenn Jilks said...

These are the precious moments you will treasure. Many hugs.

I have two Hospice clients these days. I help where I can.