Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A New Beginning Oct. 2007

In October 2007 we were blessed with a new grandson. Our youngest grandchild was already 15 so it was doubly precious, this new life. I think that Tighe coming into this world gave me a renewed sense of hope and life. I dealt every day with life slipping away and now we had Tighe to bring joy and love and lightness. Oh, how I longed to hold that child in my arms.

So, I flew to see the new baby and his two brothers, mom and dad!! Oh how I needed this.



Elbert had been sundowning badly of late. For the first time he got a little violent with me, shoving me away from the door when I wouldn't let him leave. I hoped that this would not continue and it has not, thank the good Lord.

I felt trapped in the cocoon of Elbert's disease. I couldn't break out. He needed me too much. I was with him, listening out for him, helping him 24/7. I seldom had any fun. I'd missed several support group meetings which was not good for me. I missed church, lunch out with my girl friends. I wondered what would become of me.

And............... I walked into the door and took that baby in my arms and I knew what would become of me. I looked into his face knowing that Tighe needed his Grandmother and I needed him. We instantly bonded and so it is a year and a half later. Whenever I can get away I wallow in that childs hugs and slobbery kisses and cry when he blows me goodbye kisses. He has been the saving factor in my life. I will survive... for life goes on and is good.

2 comments:

Susannah said...

Hello. I have read your entire blog. My heart goes out to you, your husband and your whole family. You are "a rock" under God's care. He surely is watching over you and guiding you. My prayers are with you.

A Colorful World said...

This baby has given us all a new lease on life! He's such a doll! God knows what He's doing....