Sunday, September 18, 2011

He always had fun.

Elbert had fun no matter where he went. Here he is sitting on a tree limb making funny faces at me. He made me laugh and he could also make me cry. But, it's the laughter I remember now and the wonderful times we had.

I was blessed beyond measure to have married such an easy going guy. Even in the throes of Alzheimers he was considerate (most of the time), loved to make a joke sometimes, and always worried about me having to take care of him. Blessed? You bet.

2 comments:

NewKidontheBlogg said...

Love carried on during Alzheimer's, didn't it! So encouraging to me since I am going down that path.

Praying for your journey as a widow now.

Hugs,
Carol

Dolores said...

What a cute picture!!!!!!!!

Elbert always sounds so similar ro David. It's a blessing to me to know how you're remembering all the good times with Elbert.
At this stage of this disease, I sometimes worry that I'll forget the good times....thank you.
Love,