Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Ray of Sunshine


Remember the tune 'Look For The Silver Lining'? Oh, you're not as old as me and have never heard of it!!  Sorry, you missed a great song. It was written by Jerome Kern and goes like this.

                                                   I look for the silver lining
                                             Whenever clouds appear in the blue
                                          Remember somewhere the sun is shining
                                                So the right thing for you to do
                                                      is make it shine for you.

                                                A heart full of joy and gladness
                                             will always banish sadness and strife
                                               So always look for the silver lining
                                              and try to find the sunny side of life.

There have been so many dark clouds on my horizon lately. This song came to mind this morning as I rejoiced in the birth of a new great grandson. Life has come full circle.

The baby was named Dylan Joel, born at 12:31 a.m. Jan 12, 2011, just 1 1/2 weeks after his great grandpa died. What a blessing that we see new life, new hope, a new beginning. And, oh, how his great grandpa would have adored him. I got to visit with the new parents and baby today. He's so alert, so beautiful. He's that silver lining in the dark clouds.

4 comments:

Susannah said...

Congratulations, Latane...wonderful news! I have been thinking of you.

Susannah

Carol Noren Johnson said...

"The Lord gives and the Lord takes. Blessed be the name of the Lord."

A year ago in 30 minutes on Facebook I found out my uncle had passed away and my niece and her husband game birth to a daughter in their car on the way to the birthing center.

Hugs,
Carol

Dolores said...

Oh my, what a beautiful baby.... I love how mom and baby boy's eyes are connecting.... God is Good.....New Beginnings....
Take care, and I know you'll enjoy this precious baby boy....a gift!
love,

Linda Jennings said...

What a precious little boy!

My thoughts are with you every day.